Are you a UK-based Accountant with experience in the crypto world? Yea? Ok, let’s chat.
Cameron and Faisal here, partners of Darién Advisors, a cryptocurrency, blockchain, and digital asset-focused tax, accounting, and advisory firm. We’re not your typical accountancy firm and this isn’t a standard 9-5 close gig. We’re passionate about crypto, live DeFI, and work with some pretty rad people doing rad things. We have experienced rapid growth since our launch, and we are growing our team and are looking for an experienced accountant to join our practice:
Before we get into the details, let me share some information you probably want to know that might make you leave now or be excited to keep reading.
- £30-60/hr (depending on experience).
- We also expect to launch our DAO-based profit share starting in Q3 2022 for all contributors.
- Short-Term: 10-20 hours per week
- Long-Term: 20 – 40 hours per week
Still here? Great. First off – we only hire people who fit our company culture and align with our core values.
- Over-communicate, and then a little more
- Be transparent, even when it hurts
- Self-starter and a desire to learn
- Be curious. We are continually advancing with the curve
- Always do what’s in the best interest of the client
- Have a sense of humor, please
- Significant remote work experience.
- Ability to operate in an asynchronous, autonomous environment.
As we are a crypto-focused firm, this person must understand crypto and DeFi activity such as staking, liquidity pools, yield farming, etc.
Below is a list of requirements: We’re not looking for one person to satisfy all the requirements, but looking for a couple of people that are nimble and want to develop with us.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience
- A valid UK Accounting License
- A data & reconciliation wizard
- An interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, DAOs, NFTs
- Cryptocurrency tax experience is a plus
Below is a list of potential tasks on a day-to-day basis:
- Reconcile crypto transactions using Cointracking.info but also any latest tools/feature
- Adjust incorrectly imported or missing cryptocurrency transactional activity.
- Review atypical and missing transactions to ensure a complete population.
- Generate tax report
- Draft findings to communicate to the client
- Work directly with Cameron & Faisal on best practices and client updates
Tools we use that you’ll need to be familiar with:
- Cointracking.info (or similar crypto tax tools/software)
- Discord (or similar communication tool)
- ClickUp (or similar project management tools)
- Clockify (or similar time-tracking software)
- G-Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, etc)
Our team consists of 2 partners, 2 accountant, 2 junior accountant, & 1 account manager. Despite being located all over the world in 4 countries, we all feel like family, and anyone who we hire onto our team full-time, we want to be a part of that family. Personality will be a big part of the hiring decision.
If you’re interested, let’s chat.We will have video interviews via Zoom.
Look forward to hearing from you 🙂
We also don’t care where the heck you live or work from, as long as you can jam all the same.
Darien Advisors provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.