About the team
We are a five-persons Jack-of-all-trades team covering many different skills and competencies in supporting the greater IT Operations team’s needs and supporting internal business functions directly.
The role in a nutshell
The SysOps Engineer will join a close-knit, high-performing team, supporting the organisation globally. Working with the latest and greatest kit and cloud-first technology stacks (mostly AWS), you’ll be responsible for supporting the entire internal technology suite that makes the business as efficient as possible in its operations.You will be reporting directly to Shaun, Systems Operations Manager.
Your mission will be
- Use your expert knowledge in AWS and Linux to establish and maintain all internal Luno-hosted services
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best-in-class cloud security solutions and applying configurations in line with the latest industry security practices.
- Ensuring systems and network uptime using monitoring and alert tools
- Data backup/recovery and storage
- Manage general IT hardware infrastructure including door access control, networking and internet connectivity at Luno offices around the world.
- Help to establish disaster recovery protocols for physical and virtual IT infrastructure and ensure high availability of internal IT services.
- Administer SaaS solutions under IT Operations purview.
A little about you
- 5-7 years of broad exposure experience
- A work permit for South Africa if you are not a South African citizen
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect/SysOps Administrator or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Bash and/or Python scripting
- Experience with technologies such as Linux, Docker, MacOS
- Proven experience with Terraform.
- Experience managing and scaling fault tolerant infrastructure
- Expert level network technologies, protocols and services understanding
- UTM experience (Fortigate/Sophos/UniFi)
- SaaS Solutions : Atlassian, Google Workspace, Slack, Gitlab
- Apple MDM : Jamf / Google
- IdP Administration : Okta
- Code Repository : Gitlab
Life at Luno
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start.*
*Offer only available on Luno Instant Buy, not Luno Exchange
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 11 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong Anti Money Laundering measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.