Headquartered outside of Boston, MA, Vestmark is a leading provider of portfolio management and trading solutions for the wealth management industry. Supporting over $1.5 trillion in assets and 5 million accounts, Vestmark is a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected wealth management firms, offering an innovative SaaS platform and comprehensive suite of outsourced services. Founded in 2001 with the mission of improving investment outcomes for all investors, Vestmark is a privately-owned company on the forefront of innovation and disruption of the FinTech industry.
Vestmark is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator to design, implement and support scalable data management solutions. The DBA will collaborate with the engineering team to create standardized delivery of data management solutions that are aligned with enterprise strategy and architecture.
- Perform Database Administration for MS SQL Server and other database tools
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues
- Tuning and Optimization using Native Monitoring and Troubleshooting Tools
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve failed tasks or database issues on a variety of database engines including Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Proactive performance and resource monitoring
- Ensure backup, high availability and disaster recovery
- Configure and monitor replication clusters
- Conduct security and compliance reviews
- Perform load testing for table and index design
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on administration with combinations of SQL server 2008 and above
- Experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL server
- Strong knowledge of Performance Tuning/Optimization
- Direct working experience with virtualization
- Experience managing security within the SQL Server environment
- Expert-level knowledge of backups, restores, recoveries, and clones
- Experience working with Windows Servers and Active Directory (AD)
- Experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Knowledge of BI, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
- Knowledge of programming skills in T-SQL, PowerShell, VBScript
- We before Me â We identify and hire those who put the needs of the team first and aspire to bring out the best in others.
- Knowledge Explorer â We identify and hire curious, articulate, and pro-active problem solvers who adapt to the challenges at hand using creative collaboration.
- Positive Energy â We value levity and encourage a glass half full mentality.
- Own It â We understand, we empathize, and we are accountable to the end.
What Vestmark Offers
Vestmark offers the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues who enjoy collaborating, a flexible work-life balance, managers who respect and listen to their ideas and a competitive salary and benefits.
Vestmark also offers a strong value-based culture while working on challenging projects in an exciting Fintech industry committed to helping regular investors reach their goals.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.