At Electric Coin Company, we’re on a mission to empower everyone with economic freedom and opportunity. We believe that by building strong, usable, and secure cryptography, we can give everyone the tools they need to control access to their own private information and to transact freely without fear of judgement or censorship. That’s why we invented and support Zcash, a privacy-preserving digital currency.
Zcash users entrust our software to keep their money and private information safe, so it’s essential for Electric Coin Company to have a strong internal security program. We are looking to further our commitment to security by hiring a senior security engineer with world-class skills in security analysis and secure software development practices.
As a senior security engineer, your first task will be to become deeply familiar with our existing technology and risk assessment work. You will then use that knowledge, your expert knowledge in several critical technical fields, and your strong communication skills to help guide our world-class team of engineers towards appropriately-secured solutions.
We’re looking for a collaborative, humble, self-starter who can come onboard and make an immediate impact.
As a senior security engineer you will propose, devise, negotiate and lead some areas of technological change in our software stack. You will use your strong communication skills to create a common understanding of the technological risk that our systems face, create a shared understanding of our users’ (and our!) appetite for risk and then align key stakeholders on specific actions required to meet that appetite.
You will use and expand your expert knowledge of security in multiple languages and environments as you work with our development teams on a variety of security topics from core protocol design to wallet applications to middleware security and privacy.
- Security review of desktop and mobile app source code (C++, Rust, Kotlin, Swift, PHP, Python) for security vulnerabilities. Prior familiarity with all of these languages is not required!
- Security incident response, including forensic analysis of malware and affected systems. This role will participate in our on-call rotation to respond to security and operational incidents.
- Clear communication of complex technical topics to help set prioritization.
- Understanding and working on the security of our infrastructure and IT systems.
The successful candidate will require at least:
- Strong familiarity with fundamental network protocols, operating systems concepts, cryptographic primitives and protocols, and common classes of vulnerabilities.
- 5+ years of experience performing cryptographic or application security reviews.
- History of discovering cryptographic or application security vulnerabilities.
- Experience interfacing with software engineering teams to provide security input.
- Bonus points for experience performing expert review of cryptographic protocol designs and implementations for security vulnerabilities.
Why take this job? Why not join some other startup? Here are a few reasons:
- Electric Coin Company is on a mission to give everyone on Earth an open, secure, and inclusive financial system through the power of exotic math.
- We believe in self-care. We commonly move meetings for colleagues’ personal obligations. Your life comes first.
- Flexible work arrangements–live where you want and work remotely.
- Code review and testing are concrete parts of our development culture.
- Everything we do is open source.
We have a strong ethos of professional conduct. We’re looking for people who can work in the professional environment we want our company to be. This means you need the empathy to be a supportive colleague and collaborate well with people of widely different backgrounds, personalities, and skill sets.At the end of the day, we’re looking for someone who’s as excited as we are about building the future of cryptocurrency and making use of cryptography as a liberating force. Sound like you? Get in touch at [email protected]. Have questions? Feel free to reach out directly to [email protected] to discuss the role.
Apply here 👉 Senior Security Engineer – Remote job