Ripple is the world’s leading enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
We are looking for a seasoned competitive analysis leader, who excels in monitoring and analyzing competitive intelligence, synthesizing & translating complex data, identifying competitive trends, succinctly communicating competitive insights that impact product, marketing and business strategies.
You will partner with product marketing colleagues, product management, marketing, and field (Sales, Business Development, Customer Partner Success) stakeholders to craft competitive product positioning and messaging.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in creatively gathering competitive intelligence, quickly developing competitive insights, predicting competitive trends or competitors’ next moves. Experience in B2B Financial Services or Blockchain/Crypto is a plus.
This is a high impact role, reporting to the Head of Global Product Marketing for RippleNet. This is an individual contributor role initially with growth opportunities to lead and manage in-house and/or external resources.
What You’ll Do:
- Continue to learn about RippleNet product offerings, identify and prioritize competitor tracking in the fragmented and fast-growing crypto space.
- Identify the overall competitive landscape by product line.
- Track competitors across use cases, customer segments and regions.
- Proactively and systematically track competitors from various angles and depths.
- Timely synthesize and analyze competitive intelligence from a variety of sources.
- Develop comprehensive competitive insights in the context of product-specific details such as features, pricing, customer and more.
- Timely and periodically publish key findings and present competitive insights to leadership and cross–functional stakeholders.
- Clearly articulate the big picture and succinctly summarize insights and projections based on qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Provide strategic input into product roadmap and GTM strategy based on holistic analyses and logical competitive projections.
- Create succinct competitive positioning and response for marketing and customer-facing teams.
- Partner with Revenue Ops, Sales, Customer Success and BD teams to gather and analyze competitive intelligence at customer account level.
- Provide strategic input to help win and secure key customers and strategic partners when facing competitive pressure.
What We’re Looking for:
- 10+ years of combined experience in market research, product marketing, product management business analytics or predictive analytics; 3+ years of direct experience in competitive analysis.
- A detective mindset that can quickly identify what details matter and connect the dots.
- A highly methodical and creative problem solver.
- Excel at dating mining, translating complex data to clear insights for internal audiences and succinct competitive messaging for external audiences.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and pay serious attention to detail.
- Proactive, energetic and relentless towards driving progress
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and influence priorities to deliver impact.
- Experience in a fast paced B2B start-up environment is a big plus.
- A strong interest, curiosity and passion for digital assets / crypto markets is a big plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!