About the team:
At Sift, we enhance trust and safety in the digital world with our AI-driven technology platform. Our products deliver payment protection, ensure content integrity, protect account defense, and manage payment disputes for businesses worldwide. Sift Dispute Management reduces revenue lost to chargebacks using a holistic dispute management system that also helps companies unlock potential revenue.
The Dispute Management engineering team handles all data integrations in Siftâs Dispute Management business. This team is responsible for all incoming and outgoing data integrations, ingesting streams of customer data to be used in the dispute process.
What weâre looking for:
Managers who are inspiring, creative, flexible, and can identify and bring focus to Whatâs Important Now (while still keeping an eye on the long term) will excel in our organization and make the biggest impact. Bring your toolbox of effective and varied communication skills and techniques.
You value collaboration and transparency and have a Get Stuff Done mindset. As a leader of teams, you understand the importance of these aspects of engineering success and lead by example.
You strengthen a culture of mentorship, give regular constructive feedback, set goals and understand how to motivate your staff. You actively invest in the career development of your team and grow engineering groups by hiring effectively.
What youâll do:
- Grow a team of talented, broadly-capable engineers to own our dispute management team, responsible for managing dispute management system, services, and data.
- Identify and analyze opportunities to improve processor integrations and improve the environment to support an evolving set of use cases.
- Responsible for leading the charge to improve the dispute management product, including developing a roadmap, implementation, maintenance and support of the platform.
- Collaborate with product and customer success teams to ensure we are working effectively and focusing on the right priorities
- Demonstrate and embody a strong, abiding commitment to the highest cultural standard, focusing on inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork
- Ensure that our systems can continue to scale rapidly while addressing rapidly evolving product team needs.
- Motivate, listen and empathize, and help engineers to excel.
What would make you a strong fit:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing engineering teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and developing top engineering talent
- Experience partnering closely with the product managers to help build and drive the roadmap
- Strong management and project management skills for planning and executing complex projects
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or related practical experience
- 3+ years of direct hands-on experience with Ruby and/or Rails
- Experience with Postgres, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, docker, and AWS
- A passion for scalable, 24×7 backend web services
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But itâs not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy