BlockFi is looking for a Senior Associate to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Institutional Strategy & Analytics team is part of the Finance vertical and works cross-functionally to i) oversee, advise, and provide financial planning to the Institutional team, which delivers our products and services to our institutional clients around the globe and ii) work cross-functionally with the rest of the Finance team, Operations, and the broader BlockFi team. We are seeking a strategic thinker with strategy, investment, and analytics experience to join our team.
To lead insights-driven analyses and reporting for the team
- Develop a deep understanding of existing Institutional business and key business drivers
- Understand and evaluate new investment and lending opportunities from a strategic, financial, and portfolio perspectives
- Support business development activities such as partnerships, strategic investments, and/or acquisitions
- Perform and maintain market research including valuation analyses on public and private crypto-related companies to help evaluate opportunities and enhance decision-making
- Develop insights and recommendations from analyses to identify new opportunities for growth as well as optimizations to current business
- Drive implementation of approved opportunities within the Finance team and in cooperation with the Institutional, Operational, and other teams
- Create and maintain planning, budgeting, and forecasting for new and existing projects as well as for overall team financials
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and recommendation proactively and in response to Senior Management
The ideal candidate:
- Is resourceful, results driven, highly analytical, demonstrates a keen attention to detail and willingness to roll up their sleeves
- Has 3+ years of progressive work experience, including at businesses with multiple business lines
- Proven ability to synthesize information, generate insight, and effectively communicate with executives
- Advanced Excel & Google Sheets user who can manage large files, multiple data sources, and produce effective templates to use across the organization
- Has proven experience with data visualization software such as Tableau
- Understands the importance of both quantitative and qualitative success
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company’s valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
Apply here 👉 Senior Associate, Institutional Strategy & Finance