Remote or Vancouver, BC
Axiom Zen combines the best parts of a start up, venture capital firm, and incubator to create a flexible platform to serve as the sustainable home for brilliant people. In order to enable this, we know that we need to build the best of each of our functions to support organizational growth and sustain the portfolio of leading technology companies we are endeavouring to build.
We are currently seeking an energetic Senior Accountant to support our dynamic accounting and financial reporting functions across the Axiom Zen portfolio. You will work directly with the finance team to support the month-end closing process, while constantly seeking opportunities to refine the sophistication of our financial reporting capabilities and accelerating our timelines to deliver.
You understand that technology companies move fast and that leaders need accurate and timely data to inform decision making. You have a hyper focused attention to detail, with high intrinsic motivation to get to the correct answer to satisfy your own curiosity.
Together, we will build out robust and scalable processes and workflows from which Axiom Zen can optimize the growth and development of its existing portfolio, while augmenting the foundation from which we will launch the next wave of leading technology companies.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Refine and iterate on month-end close procedures to support best-in-class processes, including preparation of recurring and non-recurring journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Assess and implement controls and best practices to support multiple business units that are scaling in industries including blockchain, SaaS, mobile apps, AI, and machine learning.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements in compliance with IFRS and ASPE, with supplementary insight including variance analysis of key accounts.
- Support capital raise processes including preparation of due diligence documents.
- Spearhead applications for various provincial & federal financial incentives (e.g. SR&ED, BC IDMTC).
- Prepare GST/PST tax remittances, ensuring accuracy and compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Assist with compiling financial information and related reconciliation to support financial, tax and government audits.
- Support additional accounting and related functions as needed, including but not limited to: A/R & A/P, annual budget preparation, and completion of government surveys.
A little about you:
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university (BBA preferable).
- You have relevant accounting experience, particularly in the reconciliation of accounts receivable and accounts payable. Experience with Xero and workflow planning software would be an asset.
- You have demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- You are excited about emerging technology like blockchain, SaaS, mobile apps, AI, and machine learning.
- You have solid proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Excel), and Google Suite.
- You are flexible and willing to go that extra mile to gain more knowledge and experience.
More about Axiom Zen:
Axioms are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
At Axiom Zen we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Our people are what makes our team special – because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & work policy – as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. We offer minimum 15 days off per year with no hard limit for our high impact individuals. As a remote-first company, live and work from where it suits you best.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development – we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements – stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment – in addition to receiving a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies – We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When safe to return to our office, those in Vancouver who choose to do so can fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!