We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
In CX Process Excellence (PEX), we’re building a team that will use continuous improvement, strategic thinking, and innovation to solve problems for customers. Day-to-day, you’ll be focused on driving quality and simplification, reducing manual work via automations, minimizing process variability/waste, and isolating systemic root causes impacting Coinbase customers. You’ll have the opportunity to execute these goals by supporting and/or leading high priority projects, providing research & analysis for CX, and building continuous improvement programs across CX.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage process excellence support aligned to key CX/product area for retail customers, inclusive of:
- Driving & executing high priority projects to solve customer pain points
- Reduce performance bottlenecks, customer friction, and process variability by leading initiatives to impacting first contact resolution, handle time, and support contact rate
- Utilize data, statistical analysis, and customer journey mapping to conduct root cause analysis (RCA) & deep dives for customer problems
- Support senior management for your CX/product area on their high-priority problems & emerging needs (for ex: research, standing up new programs, process design)
- Partner with CX to implement process improvements, design, and implementation
- Developing scalable mechanisms to solve customer pain points within CX:
- Track backlog of identified problems & identification of root causes
- Ensure that insights move from analysis to action by ROI quantification
- Communicate high impact problem areas for CX senior leadership & business partners
- Mentoring & fostering a culture of process excellence across CX through:
- Facilitating training & delivery of PEX / Lean Six Sigma workshops for CX
- Reviewing and driving action for our roadmap of customer pain points
- Leading Kaizen & continuous improvement workshops within CX
- Training Kaizen Leaders and Kaizen Participants remotely and on location
- Supporting CX Team Leaders and above in Lean Six Sigma Tools and our production and and management System
- Mentoring emerging leaders in CX on PEX skills & system design
- Project planning & innovation:
- Utilize customer feedback, data, and planning methodologies to develop long-term strategic plans for our customers
- Design project plans, technical requirements, and solution artifacts to collaborate with both technical & non-technical partners
- Partner cross-functionally to tie improvement programs with operations, technology partners, channel strategy, and upstream partners
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3-5 years proven experience in solving high impact, complex problems within an operations or customer support environment
- Experience in customer support for consumer technology (B2C), FinTech or Financial Services Industry
- Ability to understand, interpet, and analyze complex data sets & operational KPIs
- Flexible and able to wear varying hats within an operations environment: consulting, strategic thinking, program management, training/coaching, and data analysis / statistics
- Excellent communication & listening skills to optimally communicate across various levels of the business (from senior leadership to customer support agents)
- High empathy and relationship building skills
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations based on business need
Nice to haves:
- Experience with varying channels of customer support, including voice, email, social and/or chat.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Belt certification.
- Previous experience partnering with BPOs & offshore teams
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics, statistics, and/or quality assurance.
- Prior experience of Google business suite, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, participate in any in-person gathering (including offsites) or engage in business travel sponsored by Coinbase, you will be required to be fully vaccinated (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Apply here 👉 Process Excellence Program Manager job