*compensation will consist of both salary and equity options – the listed range reflects solely the salary component*
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, and attracting and retaining each individual contributor is critical. As part of the People team you will play a key role in ensuring its core mission: to create an environment where exceptional talent flocks to and thrives.
As the People Operations Director, you will develop and execute day-to-day operations associated with HR practices and processes across all functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, and internal communications.
You will be responsible for developing the People Operations infrastructure that supports our organizational growth, ensuring that everyone has the right information, and systems and processes are efficient and simple. You are a strong operations and people manager, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to build robust and scalable systems and processes. Additionally, you have a high degree of empathy and an understanding of how to navigate sensitive employee matters.
You will have a large degree of autonomy in shaping the role and day-to-day tasks, but some of your responsibilities will include to:
- Develop a strong People Operations strategy and lead the implementation and management of systems, processes and policies that support the team
- Map the employee journey and lifecycle: from interviewing, onboarding, training & development, to exit interviews
- Manage and develop the benefit program & strategy; designing a competitive program for employees
- Construct the compensation philosophy and administration associated with compensation and equity
- Craft a hiring and recruiting strategy, including key recruiting metrics, and manage the recruiting team
- Onboard new employees and ensure they have access to necessary resources and tech
- Spearhead employee learning and development, including skills training, career pathing, management, and leadership development
- Partner with the executive team to build a performance management process/program
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis, providing coaching and counsel related to employee concerns, company programs, development, etc.
- Manage employee relations within the organization
- Partner with the executive team and managers on organization design and development
- Develop and manage processes to promote internal employee communication
- Partner with the executive team to maintain and support the culture throughout the company
As the People Operations Director will be reporting directly to the COO.
- 7+ years as an HR professional
- 5-7 years of experience as the primary HR point-of-contact within a high-growth company or business unit
- 2-4 years of experience in a startup environment, or at a quickly scaling tech company – big plus if you have experience working closely with developers and tech teams specifically
- Strong working knowledge of all HR functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits
- Domain knowledge in the different areas of HR:
- Organization Design
- Compensation, Rewards and Retention
- Native English speaker
- Detail and action-oriented individual with an owners’ mindset
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Strong communicator, empathetic and personable, and can manage your emotions and those of others very well
- You are flexible, always seek to learn and grow, and aren’t afraid to pivot
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
- Sense of humor appreciated
Working at Matter Labs
- You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options
- The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice
- We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive
Apply here 👉 People Operations Director