Mid/Senior Software Engineer – Full-Stack Ruby On Rails
Mantis Innovation is reimagining facility performance. We provide managed facility services and turnkey program management with technology-enabled solutions that target the entire building footprint â from roofs, walls, and pavement, to HVAC, lighting and power â as we guide our clients on their journey towards increased sustainability.
About Our Team and Your Role
The Engineering Team works closely with stakeholders across the organization to deliver solutions to both internal and external customers. We have been a fully remote team for over 12 years. We adhere to a loose agile process using a kanban board and an automated CI/CD pipeline. Weâre a small team, but we deliver big results. We care about writing quality code and taking the time to balance immediate business needs with long-term, technical costs.
- Ruby 2.6, Rails 5 (Upgrading to latest is high-priority and in-progress)
- React, Stimulus, vanilla JS
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- GCP, Kubernetes (GKE), Terraform, Docker
- Rspec, CircleCI
- Slack, Jira
What Youâll Do
- Work closely with Senior Staff engineers to design, develop, maintain, and deliver full stack products for both internal and external customers.
- Work in an agile environment with a team that deploys multiple times a day.
- Contribute to process improvements, best practices, tooling, and engineering strategy.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management to advance Mantisâ vision.
What You Need
- CS Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience shipping high-quality, non-trivial Rails applications.
- Strong grasp of Computer Science concepts, such as object-oriented design, data structures, general understanding of algorithmic complexities, etc.
- Strong relational database skills such as schema design, query building and optimization.
- Desire to build reliable, maintainable software rather than haphazardly shipping features.
- Experience with continuous integration and writing meaningful, non-brittle tests.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical people.
- Be self-driven and comfortable working in a remote team environment.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment involving diverse stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, and Terraform (or similar technologies).
- Desire to mentor more junior engineers.
What You Get
- $110-140k+ Base Salary Depending on Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA
- Work Remotely (within time zones +/- 3 hours from Central Time)
- Always have and always will be a remote-first team
- Non-US Residents welcome via 1099 agreement
- 401k with up to 3% match
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- 15+ days PTO + 10 Paid Holidays
- $5000 Equipment and Home Office Budge
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250/yr)
- Amazing work/life balance, no on-call rotations, flexible hours
*Note:Â Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.Â This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mantis Innovation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.