The role in a nutshell:
In this role you will manage the Marketing Operations in the APAC region – Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Australia. You will be responsible for project planning and executing brand, creative, content & integrated marketing activities. You will empower local Luno teams as the key interface into our central/global brand marketing team (who are based in CapeTown, SA and London, UK). You will help the local team with the optimisation of marketing operations and support Luno’s continuous growth in APAC.
Your mission will be:
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders as well as with external partners and agencies.
- Be responsible for coordinating all marketing activations in the region, discussing strategy and impact before briefing projects into the central creative team.
- Act as the voice of the customer to identify areas where the central/global marketing approach needs to be localised to be effective in the local markets.
- Support local brand voice and guardianship, ensuring that all local brand marketing decisions are brand-safe and market-relevant.
- Work with local teams to understand the needs of the new-to-crypto customer, analyse and identify consumer, brand & category insights. Help shape ambitious, rigorous and customer-led Marketing strategy for our Asia-Pacific markets, through matrixed collaboration, not top-down control.
- Take a research-driven approach to ensuring local relevance by consistently sourcing and including key insights and hypotheses in all marketing activities., You will work with our data and global media teams to track performance and report on results.
- Manage all integrated marketing workflow and communication across different time zones in APAC, Europe and South Africa.
- Help drive our regional marketing success by evolving and improving our internal process by evaluating and implementing new methodologies and tools to collaborate efficiently across functions and time zones.
- Partner with our Global Head Brand Media Strategy to coordinate all Above The Line media buys. Bring market and customer insight as well as best practices to always-on multi-channel campaign management. Source and evaluate vendors and work with internal stakeholders such as Legal and Finance to negotiate terms and get them onboarded appropriately for billing and monitoring purposes.
- Work with the Global Head of Brand Operations to leverage key learnings and success stories from the Asia-Pacific region in our other regions and support the continuous improvement of strategy, communication and process.
- Work with our CRM and Performance teams and local marketing teams to amplify strategy and drive conversion.
A little about you:
- Get obsessed about working on projects that generate business impact.
- You get obsessed about briefing right, because you know quality of input defines quality of output.
- Thrive in and encourage collaborative work environments while not hesitating to own, define, and deliver on complex and ambiguous tasks, projects.
- Are a stellar project manager and see opportunities where other people see chaos.
- Relentlessly focus on the customer and solving for their needs and wants.
- Bring strong experience in customer-led brand or marketing strategy in the Asia-Pacific region, and have one or all of the following desirable experiences:
- Familiarity with design thinking and/or qualitative or quantitative research methodologies.
- Have developed or improved cross-functional processes working with internal stakeholders such as design & growth.
- Have a track record of building strong professional relationships, ideally in an agency environment as an Account Director or Business Director.
- Are persuasive in explaining your work, process, and decisions and excellent written and verbal communication skills that you use to effectively coordinate complex projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Are confident in working with senior Marketing stakeholders to discuss strategic goals and shape briefs to meet company objectives.
Life at Luno:
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence.
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office.
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance.
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy.
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Annual Inspiration Day.
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts.
- Free lunch and snacks.
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We’ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we’re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong AML measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
Luno is a ‘remote but reachable’ company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that’s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connection and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.