Legal Operations Specialist
Parity’s mission is to enable businesses and organisations to capitalise on blockchain technology and benefit from the new opportunities it presents. Parity develops cutting-edge software solutions for enterprises and industries to unlock the full value of decentralised technology. Our core technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for quickly building blockchains, and Polkadot, a pioneering layer zero protocol for connecting and securing a network of heterogeneous blockchains. We believe that decentralised technology has the power to fundamentally change and enhance the systems used by businesses, consumers, and governments every day.
Parity’s dynamic legal team proactively addresses all legal and regulatory issues so that Parity can remain singularly focused on pursuing its mission. We are deeply embedded in all aspects of Parity’s activities and work side by side with teams across the business. Legal Operations sit within Parity’s legal team and are its organisational backbone. Legal Operations have a mission-centric mentality with a core focus of supporting and executing the critical initiatives of the Parity legal team.
As a Legal Operations specialist, you will be directly supporting the work of multiple lawyers within the legal team. This will be varied, with no two days being the same. It will certainly include interacting with multiple internal and external stakeholders, document administration, event and in-office coordination, vendor management, specific project assistance, research, maintenance of internal resources and know-how, and team wide calendering.
Within this role you will take initiative, operate with resourcefulness, and execute quickly and effectively. You like helping others and have the vision to think three steps ahead to anticipate any additional needs. You are impeccably organized, extremely detail oriented and have strong written and verbal communication skills. You have a desire to be helpful, love to solve problems and are passionate about building trust with other members of the team through reliable and consistent bias towards action.
- Paralegal support to Parity’s legal team including:
- legal document processing, including drafting, formatting, executing and filing
- opportunity to take ownership of some legal contract workflows,
- document management, including the creation and maintenance of trackers for legal documents and resources,
- assisting with coordination and management of external legal counsel,
- supporting cross functional relationships with the People, Finance and Operations teams,
- Performing research across diverse topics and legal issues,
- monitoring and reporting of international regulation concerning blockchain.
- Operational tasks, such as:
- develop and execute administrative workflows, processes and procedures, looking for ways to continuously improve and drive efficiency,and
- assisting with company secretarial duties.
- Ability to anticipate team’s needs and execute autonomously
- Ability to multitask, prioritise workstreams, and operate under pressure
- Demonstrated experience developing processes that drive team efficiency and transparency
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize tasks, monitor results, and drive projects to completion largely independently
- Strong academic background – bonus points for post-graduate legal qualifications
- Minimum of two years paralegal, administrative, or team support experience, ideally in a fast paced legal environment
- An interest in open-source software and blockchain technologies
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail/Drive/Docs/Sheets) and Docusign
- Familiarity with GDPR
- Some familiarity with the German language would be beneficial
- As a team we value the following attributes and strive to apply them in everything we do:
- Truth seeking
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Travel! As a remote first company we like to get together in person a couple of times per year – whether it is in Berlin, Barcelona, London or Lisbon we understand the importance of bringing people together.
Apply here 👉 Legal Operations Specialist job