Philo is looking for an ownership-oriented IT leader to help deliver a phenomenal IT experience for Philoâs growing team of 130+ employees. You will be Philoâs âgo-toâ IT person for all our employees, working with both our office management team as well as technical leaders at the company to think proactively and address all our IT needs. Initially, the role will entail working in a hybrid capacity, leading Philoâs IT services while coordinating and collaborating with Philoâs 3rd party IT partner and their service desk team. However, this role has the potential to grow into a larger leadership position as we build out a larger full-time Philo IT team in the future. As the owner of all things IT, you will have a tremendous impact on the productivity and workplace happiness of the Philo team at large, and lots of opportunities to think creatively and come up with innovative solutions to our daily digital challenges.
The role will be primarily based in our HQ in San Francisco, but in addition to supporting our HQ team, you will also be supporting our entire team including fully remote workers and our satellite offices in New York City and Cambridge, MA. We are a fun and collaborative team who highly values our work relationships â we pride ourselves on having fun while we build great stuff, so weâre looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can handle a mini IT crisis in stride!
What You’ll Do
- Help coordinate and deliver a comprehensively excellent IT experience for all Philo employees, including:
- Account provisioning for onboarding/offboarding of employees
- Procurement of hardware and related digital asset management
- Providing basic introductory training on Philoâs IT systems and practices to new employees (e.g. how to use a password manager and SSO, etc)
- Managing onsite infrastructure (e.g. networking, teleconference equipment, and device lab) in our three offices
- Day-to-day helpdesk and remote support for endpoint and software issues.
- Lead and manage larger scope IT projects and systems (e.g. SSO, MDM, backup, endpoint security, etc).
- Proactively identify and anticipate shortcomings in Philoâs IT infrastructure or employee experience, and develop and deliver a plan to improve it, collaborating with other colleagues as needed.
- Work closely with Philoâs IT vendor partner to help coordinate both near term service desk response as well as longer term projects.
- Manage relationships with Philoâs external IT vendors, e.g. networking, hardware and SaaS vendors.
- Help coordinate and arrange remote onsite IT help for Philoâs two satellite offices (Brooklyn, NY and Cambridge, MA) as needed.
- Generally stop all of the IT-related bucks.
What You’ll Bring
- This role is based in San Francisco and will spend the majority of their time in our SF HQ office to enable hands-on management of our onsite needs. However, it would have the flexibility to work from home periodically depending on workload and the onsite needs in a given week.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: personable âpeople personâ, fantastic written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences as appropriate.
- At least 5 years of experience delivering comprehensive IT services, including both hardware and software responsibilities, with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented: you have a strong bias towards getting things done quickly and correctly.
- Superb command of Simpsons, Game of Thrones, Star Wars and Star Trek references. Expert user of the /giphy command in slack.
- Superlative time management skills: you have a keen ability to prioritize and balance a varied set of near-term tasks and longer term projects. Weâre looking for someone who can ensure that urgent tasks get resolved quickly, while continuing to make steady forward progress on longer term projects and initiatives.
- Follow through: ability to work independently without direct oversight for most things, but also a good sense of when to reach out for help from a co-worker if you get stuck or need someoneâs input to move a project forward. We support each other!
- Top-notch Googling skills
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including SSO, MDM, security, and backup.
- Experience in systems and network design and development. (Experience with Cisco Meraki and Ubiquiti networking is a plus.)
- Proven experience with Zoom administration and Zoom Room hardware.
- Ideally experience with our core IT stack, including Slack, GSuite, Notion, Zoom, 1Password, etc.
- Proven project management experience from initiation to close, and strong record of documentation (i.e. you donât just get things done, you document them for other team members to be able to follow in your footsteps with minimal repetition).
- Opinionated on best practices, but pragmatic and flexible on how to get there.
More about Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package — our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP,Lifetime, MTV, Newsy, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and weâre always adding more content!
Weâre a company that puts people first â both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV — we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Viacom, AMC, and A&E.
Location: San Francisco,CA
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two-week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 âTV stipendâ for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!