Origin Protocol’s mission is bringing NFTs and Defi to the masses and reaching the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users’ wallets. Our NFT value accrual token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, will launch soon and be immediately tradable on additional top exchanges.
We are looking for a crypto-savvy Head of People Operations that will help us scale our two business lines and the broader organization. As the first in-house recruiting and HR lead, you will work closely with Origin’s Founders and leadership team to institute best-in-class HR processes and hire world-class talent across all job functions. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing the best talent across a variety of channels (warm referrals, crypto Twitter, LinkedIn, conferences, jobfairs, job boards, etc.)
- Streamlining our recruiting process for speed, efficiency, and quality while leaving every candidate with a positive impression of Origin regardless of whether they get hired or not
- Working with cross-functional leaders (engineering, product management, product design, business development, finance, etc.) to hire the best of the best
- Crystallizing and managing our internal and external culture to build a mission-oriented, collaborative, distributed team and community for our products
- Work with leadership to promote our team members as thought leaders in the industry (for recruiting and BD purposes)
- Organizing and facilitating team offsites
- Planning events (e.g. conference presence, networking mixers, recruiting dinners)
- Onboarding and offboarding employees
- Standardizing the company’s compensation, vacation, and other practices
- Working with leadership to become better managers
- Resolving conflicts between team members
- 8+ years of work experience in people operations.
- 1+ years working in crypto and/or strong interest in crypto (NFTs / DeFi).
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams to recruit world-class talent
Compensation and benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV). We offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
How to apply
Submit an application and include the following:
- Why you are the right candidate for this position
- Links to your Twitter and/or LinkedIn profile
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes a PayPal founder, 1st YouTube employee, and product and engineering managers/leads from Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We’ve worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi.