At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, we are quickly growing and so looking for an EA to support our CEO. This role will be a mixture of 70% personal support and 30% business support.
You will be a skilled communicator and decision-maker who works fast and can quickly identify what works. While the day-to-day responsibilities may vary greatly, the role requires a forward thinking, tech-savvy and organised individual who has proven experience working in a similar role in an equally fast paced company.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external meetings with a wide range of stakeholders across different time zones
- Manage their inbox and respond on their behalf, prioritise, delegate, identify any actions and follow up
- Ensure materials are prepared, coordinating any input from others and take meeting notes and track actions
- Produce and proof-read high-quality correspondence, documents, packs, and presentations, when required
- Plan and coordinate travel bookings, preparing detailed itineraries and ensure all necessary travel documentation is kept up to date
- Additional administrative responsibilities may apply
- Exercises exceptional discretion with confidential information
- Previous EA/PA experience, ideally within a Fintech, Tech, or very fast paced company
- Confident, resilient, reliable
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Fluent in Russian is a must (ideally located in Berlin is a big plus)
- Flexible to travel
- Global mindset, understand time zones, cultural nuance, and different working practices
- Tech-savvy – proficient use of Gsuite, and other tools
- Flexible to provide some support out of hours
- Excellent problem solving/analytical mind-set and comprehension skills
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgement in a fast-paced environment and under short deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ability to adapt and influence to promote collaboration and action
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.