BlockFi is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Growth Tech Engineering organization owns the platforms and services that powers off-site marketing, onsite experimentation, and personalization capabilities. We partner closely with the Growth & Marketing organization to build a sleek eye-catching website and analyze client behaviors and ensure all of our products are optimized to drive business growth and client retention. We own the marketing website and build the technical pieces that allow the Marketing organization to do data analytics.
We are a collaborative, curious, motivated group who care deeply about our work and teammates.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of software engineers through all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). This will include collaborating on planning, architecture, execution, testing, and delivery. Software Engineering Manager’s will potentially split their time between hands-on technical work and team leadership responsibilities. Keys to success include a willingness to take on accountability / ownership, a collaborative approach to problem solving, a focus on team building, and a bias for action.
- Team Leadership
- Responsible for people management duties across engineering team members, including: team staffing, career development of individuals, retention, and performance management.
- Responsible for fostering a team culture that values collaboration, accountability, innovation, and results.
- Responsible for ensuring team members follow established processes while fostering a culture that embraces continuous improvement.
- Planning, Execution, & Delivery
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to organize the team’s backlog and planned work.
- Responsible for organizing, leading, and delivering the team’s engineering work.
- Responsible for quality of deliverables and should champion BlockFi standards of work.
- Service Ownership
- Responsible for planning care/maintenance of services owned by the team.
- Accountable for system availability and monitoring system health; ensure alerts, metrics, and runbooks are in place; and debug issues in production.
- Subject matter expertise around owned services. Detailed knowledge of the what/how business capabilities are provided.
- Technical Breadth as well as Depth in Several Areas: 6+ years of industry experience working with, designing, and building distributed systems at scale.
- Team Leadership: 1+ years of leading a team of 4 or more engineers through daily work routines, performance management, and hiring/retaining talent.
- Technical Ownership: Experience owning software systems end-to-end, designing, estimating, implementing, testing, maintaining, debugging, and supporting high-quality software in production.
- Communication: Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Collaboration: Empathetic and does the legwork required for building consensus. Always seeks out feedback on technical designs, solutions, and code.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company’s valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
Apply here 👉 Engineering Manager, Growth Tech