San Francisco, CA, USA
Dapper Labs is the world’s first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL All Day, UFC Strike, as well as the Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
We’re hiring a Director of Operational Finance to support in building one of the most exciting and innovative emerging technology areas in blockchain. In this role, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for executing against key strategic financial initiatives through a strategic lens. This role will work closely with the CFO and key business partners to develop a holistic design and develop solutions to critical projects that have a direct impact on the growth and scalability of the business. This role will also work closely with business unit leaders on some of the financial projects that will strategically accelerate the growth of their business units. This role will consistently be driving and informing some of the Company’s most important business and financial decisions.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Developing relationships within the Company that facilitate early discovery of issues and developing systematic and scalable resolutions.
- Provide leadership and direction to develop the finance team and business units in using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
- Serve as a thought partner in designing processes and reporting that are scalable for both internal and external consumption.
- Find opportunities to help the business grow and achieve its financial goals.
- Lead continuous improvement of systems and methodology, including implementation of the necessary process.
- Understand business models and mechanics.
A little about you:
- 8+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in Finance within a top technology company.
- 6+ years of management and demonstrated success within an organization (through hyper-growth) from start-up to an established multinational entity with global business operations.
- Proven ability to deliver impact for your business partner and the business.
- Exceptional business instincts – you understand the markets, strategy, products, partners, customers and challenges – and use that knowledge to help inform decisions.
- High-energy business athlete with a strong quantitative skill set and an analytical, intellectually curious mindset.
- Data-driven decision maker with a player/coach mentality.
- Poised communicator accustomed to actively sharing your point of view.
- Prioritize multiple work streams with intense demands on your time.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Approach work and decision-making by empowering the people around you, effectively utilizing the team’s expertise and enabling them to do their best work.
- Maintain high performance standards and has a passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world’s first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.