BlockFi is looking for a Director of Corporate IT to join our growing team!
About Your Team
At BlockFi, our CorporateIT team works across the entire spectrum of technologies and products that power our business. The team is largely remote, working across timezones and prides itself on being solutions-focused. While facing incredibly complex threats in an ever-change security landscape, BlockFi has continued to thrive and needs the right tools built by passionate and energetic people
As our Director of Corporate IT, your role will be focused on strategic vision and driving completion of projects and problems in a modern environment with a fully distributed workforce. The team is largely remote, working across timezones and prides itself on being solutions-focused. While facing incredibly complex threats in an ever-changing security landscape, BlockFi has continued to thrive and needs the right tools built by passionate and energetic people
- Lead, mentor, & develop the IT Service Desk, Systems Engineers, & IT Logistics teams, setting standards for performance & staff development
- Assess corporate technology systems, determine strategy for changes, enhancement and improvements; recommend and implement the same.
- Manage information technology, corporate systems, networks, and IT team, to fulfill BlockFi’s mission.
- Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, documentation and support of high quality, reliable IT systems, networks and end-user support services.
- Establishes efficiency standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure through reporting metrics
- Formulate and deploy strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Take a proactive, collaborative and respected leadership role in the Company to galvanize support of a robust, efficient and secure technology organization.
- Encourage and grow engagement with the IT Department among all levels of the organization
- Lead the design and sustainable implementation of a defined IT Service Management framework
- Lead with accountability & ownership bringing your team along the way in support of BlockFi’s mission
- 8+ years of IT experience, with previous experience leading & managing teams of Corporate IT support professionals within a dynamic, rapidly scaling environment
- Strong knowledge of AWS technologies is required
- Capable of leading technology change with excellent strategic and technical thought leadership, and a strong focus on delivering customer value
- Strong presentation, organization, and communication skills (written and verbal) with both technical and non-technical parties
- Hands-on experience managing GSuite and underlying user, device, and security services, as well as extensive experience with Okta SSO
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail with ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Bias towards action and own tasks end-to-end with an extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor
- Work through hurdles and tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective
- Be a doer that can get things done and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
- Be thoughtful and analytical – ask why and challenge preconceived notions
- Previous experience working within a regulated environment and knowledge of regulatory frameworks – PCI, SOX compliance experience a plus
- Understanding of endpoint security tools including EDR products
- A thorough background in systems implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Proficient in general networking principles, including routing, TCP/IP, DNS, and VPN
- Familiarity with SSL, SSH, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, general knowledge of encryption and Active Directory
- Experience using industry standard tools to management and respond to external and internal support tickets
- Practical knowledge and ability to implement security standards including OWASP and NIST
- Comfortable with Git, Jira, Jenkins or similar tools
- Thorough understanding of common office technology problems, troubleshooting, and remediation procedures
- Able to build repeatable security design patterns by partnering with product engineering teams
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company’s valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
Apply here 👉 Director of Corporate IT