- Use your knowledge and experience attracting traditional web2/mobile web developers coming into web3 to Celo.
- Build awareness around the unique benefits of Celo’s PoS, mobile focused network.
- Help to educate and inform the web and mobile web developer community about best practices in the web3 space.
- Explore the latest trends in Web3 and educate people about how Celo fits in the bigger picture.
- Engage with the community and create a welcoming environment for new members.
- Design, implement, and improve the overall Celo mobile and web 2.0 developer experience.
- Develop code integrations, example web apps, and contribute to SDKs, bugs and enhancements.
- Support developers integrating with Celo.
- Write clear documentation, compelling tutorials, and engaging videos.
- Develop and deliver content, presentations that resonate with the wider Celo community on stage at an event, virtually, or through other media.
- Drive developer workshops and other external events.
- Help organize, build and train local developer communities and university developer groups.
- Encourage and celebrate diversity in the communities you build.
- Represent the community externally and internally and influence the engineering roadmap (SDKs, core specification) with your insights.
- Work closely with the engineering and community teams.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a software engineer or engineering-focused developer advocate role.
- An ability to distill complex concepts into easy to understand explanations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Deep understanding of open-source development and communities.
- An intuition for what makes a good developer experience.
- Published technical articles and/or given technical presentations.
You Might Have:
- Built a native or mobile app or PWA website that interacts directly with a smart contract on the Celo network.
- Launched a mobile app and deployed a smart contract on Ethereum or other blockchains.
- Deployed your own ERC-20, ERC-721 tokens.
cLabs (“Celo Labs”) started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we’re all proud to hold the job title of “Partner.” For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at. https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Apply here 👉 Developer Relations Engineer (web2/mobile web) job