- Help to coordinate core engineering changes through community initiatives, calling attention to new proposals, voting deadlines, etc.
- Monitor, moderate and manage community sentiment on Discourse (Celo Forum), Discord, Telegram, and Twitter (@celodevs).
- Produce and record online community events such weekly or monthly community calls like the “All Core Devs Call”, explore Twitter spaces, and Youtube AMAs, work closely with Celo Core Engineering and MarComms Circle.
- Coordinate with members of the community, document conversations around proposed changes to the core Celo blockchain specification.
- Support the Core Community newsletter “Celo Signal”.
- Measure and report on the success of community growth, support, and engagement initiatives with qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Document and work with the community to improve the governance process.
- Be an advocate for the wider Celo developer community.
- A minimum of 2 years’ of community management or social media experience in Proof of Stake blockchains
- Familiarity and know-how in operating online platforms such as Discourse, Telegram, Discord, Twitter, Medium.
- Experience in supporting and launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, and writing an email newsletter).
- An ability to identify and track relevant community metrics, and to utilize those metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
- An ability to translate and speak to highly technical topics in ways that are welcoming and inclusive.
- Experience coordinating asynchronous groups of individuals around the world.
- Experience hosting recurring calls with a community who may have many varying opinions and perspectives.
- You are comfortable working remotely with a global team and a global community, across global time zones, in English and potentially in multiple other languages.
cLabs (“Celo Labs”) started Celo in 2017 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we’re all proud to hold the job title of “Partner.” For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at. https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Apply here 👉 Developer Community Manager (Core Community) job