About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!The RoleThis position is part of the UK based Finance team and is responsible for helping the team in the reporting of both financial and non-financial information.The team is responsible for reporting for UK group companies. This requires close liaison with Finance teams around the world to ensure that accurate and timely information flows into the monthly reporting system/process.Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this is an important role, providing an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to develop their skills and understanding of the crypto industry through exposure to group reporting and analysis. The Team As the Staff Accountant, you will work within a local team of 6 and a wider team of 120, the local team is responsible for the preparation of monthly management reporting. The local team is responsible for all financial affairs of all UK entities, including production of month-end close, IC rec, treasury, regulated reporting, client funds management, statutory reporting, audit, ad-hoc projects
- Assisting the team with the production of monthly management accounts in line with the group reporting timetable and the deadlines at an entity level.
- Assistance with the preparation of periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, forecasts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Treasury management, responsible for preparing reconciliations of daily settlements, to be reviewed by the team.
- Business partnering with non-financial managers and stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Liaising with senior members of the team and group to gain exposure and assist with implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Transactional posting / GL reconciliation.
- Assisting with monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ability to prepare and investigate variances.
- Intercompany reconciliations assisting and liaising with group counterparties.
- Creating invoices and taking responsibility for overseeing accounts receivables.
- Assisting management with the day to day running of the purchase order system and validating that all POs have been correctly submitted and chasing for relevant information from heads of departments where necessary.
- Taking the initiative to support the team in ad-hoc projects.
- Prepared to be involved with audit-related queries and assist the team where necessary.
- Hybrid working environment – collaborating across teams and different group companies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Inquisitive and innovative; helping the team to drive improvements through efficiency.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Professional demeanour and highly ethical.
- Driven to learn and develop technical knowledge.
- Achieved/working towards a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
- Experience working within cryptocurrency, brokerage exchange, fintech or financial services or comparable company environment is desirable.
- +3/4 years experience working as an accountant.
- Experience working with ERP systems is mandatory.
Company ProfileKraken Futures and its associates operates an exciting and dynamic businesses with continuous growth. Through 2021 the company’s revenue increased exponentially, thereby increasing both the firm’s market share and making the company more competitive. Exponential growth is expected to continue in 2022 and beyond. The firm has a very relaxed and social culture and are hoping to find people who are equally dynamic and ambitious.We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the knowKraken Culture ExplainedFollow us on TwitterCatch up on our blogFollow us on LinkedIn
Apply here 👉 Crypto Facilities – Staff Accountant