About Celsius Network
Celsius addresses the financial needs of today’s consumers worldwide through a democratized interest income and lending platform accessible via mobile and desktop app. With a mission to put unparalleled economic freedom in the hands of the people, and a core belief that financial services should only do what is in the best interests of the community, Celsius is a modern earning and lending platform where membership provides access to curated financial services that are not available through traditional financial institutions. Crypto holders can earn yield on the digital assets in their account with Celsius, and can borrow fiat or stablecoins against their crypto collateral at the lowest interest rates in the space.
The Celsius team is committed to doing good and doing well. We believe in the power of disruption and the importance of decentralization to create a new system that acts in the best interest of everyone. Each member of our team brings something unique and innovative to the table, but the common thread that links us together is our passion for blockchain, equality, and leading the next financial revolution that changes the equation to bring power back to the people.
Position: Corporate Insurance Director
Location: Remote in the US within the Eastern Time zone
CORPORATE INSURANCE DIRECTOR
- Remain current with insurance market place trends and developments to ensure awareness of available coverages, changes in insurance law and major legal decisions
- Proactively develop strategic plans, recommend solutions, implement risk reduction/ transfer methodologies to mitigate future losses and present findings to management as necessary. identify changes to the company’s risk profile and advise management of potential implications relative to corporate risk, including insurance programs and uninsured or unhedged risks.
- Prepare and deliver analysis and communications on critical insurance related items to the Risk Committee
- Recommend appropriate levels of coverage and retention based on cost of capital, cost of insurance, financial risk, management’s risk appetite, broker recommendations and benchmarking
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities and efficiencies in the context of enterprise risk management
- Understand captive insurance company assess and identify potential uses, including licensing, distribution and regulatory issues.
- Provide educational sessions to promote best risk and insurance practices
- Collect, analyze and organize data for domestic and insurance program submissions and lead insurance program renewals as directed. Collaborate with internal partners to prepare comprehensive presentation materials in support of underwriter renewal meeting activities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with insurance brokerage partners and major insurance companies, to ensure efficiency of insurance program administration functions including claim reporting, program invoicing, taxes, policy issuance and certificate of insurance requests.
- Develop processes to ensure timely identification and reporting, monitoring of claim development with legal, lead claim settlement negotiations, and tracking and summarizing of outstanding claim liabilities.
- Demonstrated history of successful claims resolutions across various lines of coverage.
- Participate in corporate development initiatives to include leading due diligence and integration efforts as related to corporate insurance functions and programs.
- Provide insightful and comprehensive risk management consulting services to business areas including vendor and merchant contract reviews, explanation of coverages, recommending appropriate insurance requirements and supporting loss control activities without causing significant delays
- Assist in the development, implementation and audit or corporate loss control procedures and protocols.
- Lead the development of risk management tools, data and systems to manage information required for efficient day to day operations including policy, claims, program costs and carrier data.
- Assess the potential impact of ongoing macroeconomic and industry trends to existing insurance programs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in the field of Risk Management, Insurance, Finance. ARM, CPCU, CRM certification preferred, Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 5-8 years of progressive Risk Management experience, either in a corporate insurance environment, an insurance brokerage firm or insurance company.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of crypto.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business insurance lines, insurance policy forms and wordings, insurance market dynamics and conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute value added solutions.
- Must be creative and demonstrate innovative thinking in responding to challenges presented by a rapidly evolving business model and regulatory environment.
- Must have strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively present to all levels of management and external audiences including brokerage and insurance market partners.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to lead and work effectively and collaboratively within team settings and build partnerships both internal and external.
- Resourceful, self-starter with advanced problem-solving abilities to deliver creative solutions.
- Results focused with strong personal accountability and pride of work.
- Effective deliberation and negotiating skills resulting in successful outcomes.
- Exceptionally organized and solid project management skills with the capability to manage competing priorities.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Apply here 👉 Corporate Insurance Director (Remote) job