The world is changing. We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual, and we want to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Luno welcomes crypto lovers and crypto newbies. You – just like everyone in the world – are on your own unique crypto-learning journey.
We are a mission-driven cryptocurrency company that is building more open and equal access to the future of money. You don’t have to know lots about crypto to be interested in joining us, you just have to feel that upgrading the world to a fairer financial system matters, and that you’d like to be part of this global change. We’re a passionate and committed team taking on a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We need the best team on board for our mission.
If that sounds like a culture you’d thrive in, then we are excited to hear from you.
A little about us
- Luno means moon in Esperanto, we chose the name because at night, wherever you are in the world, you look up at the same moon. We believe in the power of working together, as one team, across borders, with clear focus and shared purpose.
- Our popular mobile app and website helps people around the world grow and manage their money using the world’s most mature cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum and USDC. We’ve processed over $32 billion to date.
- Over 9 million customers across 40 countries have chosen to hold their crypto wallets on Luno because we offer a delightfully simple experience and bank-grade security.
- We’re part of the Digital Currency Group, named in 2021 as one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies, in the “Disruptors” category alongside Tesla, AirBnB, SpaceX, Peloton. TIME noted that DCG is “mainstreaming cryptocurrency”.
- We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams, with colleagues from 43 different nationalities working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria, Australia and Singapore. Financial inclusion is part of our mission, but on a deeper level, inclusion is a way of life, and a way of work for us. It is part of who we are as a company, and a group of human individuals.
The role in a nutshell
You will form part of the Operations Onboarding team based in Cape Town, reporting to the Onboarding Operations Manager. You will work in a fast paced environment, collaborating with other business units, including Engineering, Product and Legal teams, servicing the business on an international level together with the teams from South East Asia, Africa and Europe.
Your mission will involve
- Helping Luno’s Business customers to onboard from multiple geographies.
- Ensuring that Luno meets its project milestones related to business customers.
- Following policies and procedures to ensure customers are onboarded in compliance with local regulations, including but not limited to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customers (KYC)
- Develop insights and summarize strategic and operational recommendations to enhance the Luno customer experience.
- Helping our customers experience seamless onboarding as their first step in their journey with Luno.
- Escalate high risk business accounts for further review.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to deliver an outstanding customer experience
In your first six months, you will
- Have a thorough functional understanding of Luno’s Onboarding processes, tools and integrations.
- Support the execution of the Onboarding Operations team’s initiatives.
- Identify and understand the challenges and propose solutions to circumvent them.
‘ The ideal Lunaut for this role, will have’ ,
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience in business/institutional customer onboarding
- Knowledge in KYC (Know your customer) and matters pertaining to the broader AML/CFT industry
- Knowledge of company structures, and ability to correctly interpret relevant legislation
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, report writing and documenting outcomes of investigations
- Interpret , prepare and represent complex management information.
- High proficiency in English
- If not a South African citizen, an existing, valid permit to work in South Africa
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Solid interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Familiarity with crypto-currencies will be highly advantageous
Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
You’ll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and CodeAcademy.
For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you’ll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
Annual Inspiration Day… for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
Work is important, but your mental health should always take priority. At Luno, we do everything we can to make sure you lead a healthy and happy life. That’s why Luno gives you free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.